XCode 4 support?

Coding Questions, IDE related or anything else

XCode 4 support?

Postby udo.killermann » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 am

Bernd,

did you succeed to implement XCode 4 support for Objective Basic. Now that the IDE is publicly distributed via the Mac App Store new users will show up who have installed the current version. Will they succeed or fail when trying to use ObjB?

Kind regards
Udo
--------------
MacBook (2GHz, 4 GByte) - Lion (10.7.3)
started Objective Basic coding in April 2010 - still enjoy it ;-)
udo.killermann

Re: XCode 4 support?

Postby berndnoetscher » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:03 pm

udo.killermann wrote:Bernd,

did you succeed to implement XCode 4 support for Objective Basic. Now that the IDE is publicly distributed via the Mac App Store new users will show up who have installed the current version. Will they succeed or fail when trying to use ObjB?

Kind regards
Udo

Udo,
thanks.
Xcode 4 is not supported yet, but I plan to release a compatible version within the next four weeks.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Postby sbagdan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Any Update on XCode 4 support. I am running Lion and am a VB.Net programmer, I can not wait until I can write code in ObjectiveBasic, but I need it to function and be able to compile on my Lion OSX (I am running a new MacBook Pro & a new Air.)

Thanks!
sbagdan

Postby berndnoetscher » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 am

sbagdan wrote:Any Update on XCode 4 support. I am running Lion and am a VB.Net programmer, I can not wait until I can write code in ObjectiveBasic, but I need it to function and be able to compile on my Lion OSX (I am running a new MacBook Pro & a new Air.)

Thanks!

I have worked on the Xcode 4 support by the end of the last year controlling xcode via applescript, I nearly succeeded, but before a new version of objb comes out, I need to have a working new compiler, which will be ready within the next weeks. The new compiler is a lot better and comes with cleaner code, and will support several new language features.
After that I will try to add support for iOS.

Sorry for the delay.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Objective-Basic (Xcode 3)