what does the pro edition include

Coding Questions, IDE related or anything else

what does the pro edition include

Postby udo.killermann » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:36 am

Bernd,

reading your fine site I couldn't figure out the additional feature I would gain if I switch to the pro edition of Objective Basic. The IDE says it would include a deploy option. Will there be a choice to target 64Bit as well?

BTW: What feature makes the resulting code so special it only runs on Snow Leopard? Wouldn't it be possible to a least target Leopard as there still is a large installed base out there. I could imagine that you don't have the resources to test in several environments at once, but it would extend the target audience for Objective-Basic (for you) and the resulting applications (for us).

Kind regards
Udo
--------------
MacBook (2GHz, 4 GByte) - Lion (10.7.3)
started Objective Basic coding in April 2010 - still enjoy it ;-)
udo.killermann

Re: what does the pro edition include

Postby berndnoetscher » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm

udo.killermann wrote:Bernd,

reading your fine site I couldn't figure out the additional feature I would gain if I switch to the pro edition of Objective Basic. The IDE says it would include a deploy option. Will there be a choice to target 64Bit as well?

BTW: What feature makes the resulting code so special it only runs on Snow Leopard? Wouldn't it be possible to a least target Leopard as there still is a large installed base out there. I could imagine that you don't have the resources to test in several environments at once, but it would extend the target audience for Objective-Basic (for you) and the resulting applications (for us).

Kind regards
Udo

Udo,

thanks for your post.

For several reasons I have to set the minimum requirement for Snow Leopard (10.6), e.g it has several new API extensions, which are very important and as you mentioned testing on different platforms is not always easy. The profesional version contains additional important documentation about using Objective-Basic, Cocoa and Interface Builder, which is constantly extended. The deployment feature lets you give away your application as Intel 32 bit. In the future, the options "32/64 bit" and "64 bit only" will follow.

I might change my mind about Leopard someday, but this is not an option now.

CU
Bernd
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Objective-Basic (Xcode 3)