Declaring a class should import its methods

Write your ideas what you would like to have in Objective-Basic

Declaring a class should import its methods

Postby udo.killermann » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Bernd,

if I declare a Cocoa class (NS*), I shouldn't have the necessity to declare all its methods as well. It would be a nice feature if the compiler reads the method definitions from the header files and "knows" them right away. Now its tedious to write down all the method signatures, I mostly extract from the documentation or header files.

When I declare a framework I even have to name its header file, so the compiler should have the needed information at hand.

Regards,
Udo
--------------
MacBook (2GHz, 4 GByte) - Lion (10.7.3)
started Objective Basic coding in April 2010 - still enjoy it ;-)
udo.killermann

Re: Declaring a class should import its methods

Postby berndnoetscher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:34 am

udo.killermann wrote:Bernd,

if I declare a Cocoa class (NS*), I shouldn't have the necessity to declare all its methods as well. It would be a nice feature if the compiler reads the method definitions from the header files and "knows" them right away. Now its tedious to write down all the method signatures, I mostly extract from the documentation or header files.

When I declare a framework I even have to name its header file, so the compiler should have the needed information at hand.

Regards,
Udo

Hi Udo,
I agree, but I believe it won't be that easy as it sounds first to implement this feature.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Wish List