calling my Objective C helpers

Coding Questions, IDE related or anything else

calling my Objective C helpers

Postby udo.killermann » Wed May 12, 2010 7:04 am

Hi Bernd,

is there a way by which I could include my own Objective C helpers into a ObjB project? Sometimes it would be handy to drop Objective C code in a certain directory (perhaps /extensions within the project bundle or even into the /Objc/Release path) and know it will be accessible within my ObjB sources.
BTW: Will every file within Objc/Release get bound to the project or only the generated ones?

Kind regards,
Udo
--------------
MacBook (2GHz, 4 GByte) - Lion (10.7.3)
started Objective Basic coding in April 2010 - still enjoy it ;-)
udo.killermann

Re: calling my Objective C helpers

Postby berndnoetscher » Wed May 12, 2010 9:53 am

udo.killermann wrote:Hi Bernd,

is there a way by which I could include my own Objective C helpers into a ObjB project? Sometimes it would be handy to drop Objective C code in a certain directory (perhaps /extensions within the project bundle or even into the /Objc/Release path) and know it will be accessible within my ObjB sources.
BTW: Will every file within Objc/Release get bound to the project or only the generated ones?

Kind regards,
Udo

Hi Udo,

The content of the folder "Objc/Release" could be changed in future releases, therefore I cannot give you an answer right yet.
Having native Objective-C files and code within a ObjB project as you described is already on the todo list. And will definetely come soon.

CU
Bernd
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Re: calling my Objective C helpers

Postby berndnoetscher » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:25 pm

See the extensions and customframework example, which uses objc code files directly.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Objective-Basic (Xcode 3)