another new version for xcode 4

Coding Questions, IDE related or anything else

another new version for xcode 4

Postby berndnoetscher » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Another new version for xcode 4 will follow the next days reflecting the latest changes. Most examples are working now.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Re: another new version for xcode 4

Postby udo.killermann » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:12 am

Bernd,

thanks for the new release (as shown on the main page). Although it says 2012-Februrary-15, when I unpack it still opens as the old version. About dialog shows release date as 2011-03-15. Is the link showing to the wrong file somehow?

Regards
Udo
--------------
MacBook (2GHz, 4 GByte) - Lion (10.7.3)
started Objective Basic coding in April 2010 - still enjoy it ;-)
udo.killermann

Postby berndnoetscher » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:27 pm

udo.killermann wrote:Bernd,

thanks for the new release (as shown on the main page). Although it says 2012-Februrary-15, when I unpack it still opens as the old version. About dialog shows release date as 2011-03-15. Is the link showing to the wrong file somehow?

Regards
Udo

Sorry, the correct link for Xcode 4 is

http://www.objective-basic.com/Objective-Basic.zip

Xcode 3 version is

http://www.objective-basic.com/Objective-Basic.app.zip
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Postby andyfirstlinear » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi,
so I downloaded the XCODE 4 version of Objective basic from the link above, (I have XCODE 4.3 installed). When I then load Objective Basic, it comes up with an error window:
"
Error: Xcode 4 not found
Objective-Basic needs to have installed the default development packages of Mac OS X (/Developer/Applications/Xcode.app).
Please install the Objective-C compiler and related packages.
You will find it on the installation media for Mac OS X.
"

XCODE 4.3 loads fine itself, and is just a straight installation from the app store. Any idea what may be wrong?

Running Mac OS 10.7.3 on iMAC
thanks
andyfirstlinear

Postby berndnoetscher » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Sorry for the problem. It seems that you have installed Xcode 4 in another location and therefore it fails.

To avoid this, I changed it so that the installation path of xcode 4 does not matter anymore. Will upload a new version tomorrow or in two days. Please be patient.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Postby andyfirstlinear » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Ok - sounds like a good fix as I think the new Xcode from the APP store doesn't site under /developer anymore.
Regardless, I've got my 10 year old learning basic programming and having done some chipmunk basic, Objective Basic looks like a great next step into objects and visual programming. So, whenever you can get the fix up, your efforts will certainly be very welcome so thanks for all your efforts and keeping it free!
andyfirstlinear

Postby berndnoetscher » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 pm

andyfirstlinear wrote:Ok - sounds like a good fix as I think the new Xcode from the APP store doesn't site under /developer anymore.
Regardless, I've got my 10 year old learning basic programming and having done some chipmunk basic, Objective Basic looks like a great next step into objects and visual programming. So, whenever you can get the fix up, your efforts will certainly be very welcome so thanks for all your efforts and keeping it free!

Just uploaded the latest version, which should work with any xcode installation path.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Postby andyfirstlinear » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Well, thanks, that fixes the issue and it now loads.

However, I'm not sure it's working or I am using it right,
I went to the Examples menu and selected the Cocoa Controls>NSButton example.
When I click run (>) in Objective Basic it brings up a compiler window and finally says launching xcode build.
However, nothing builds in XCODE.
When I flip to the XCODE window, and hit the RUN button, it compiles and runs then stops THREAD 1 with a fatal error.
The left hand pane in XODE shows thread 1 contains:
0 dyld_fatal_error
3_dyld_start

And the output on the bottom of XCODE says:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/OBJBRuntime.framework/Versions/A/OBJBRuntime
Referenced from: /Users/olympus/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/NSButton-fakrqgmmlebhvxesbzemdbkpmbbk/Build/Products/Debug/NSButton.app/Contents/MacOS/NSButton
Reason: image not found
(lldb)

I don't know XCODE so this means nothing.
IF I look into the package contens of the NSButton app at the location in my library above and run the executable it says:

Last login: Tue Feb 21 15:14:42 on console
olympus:~ olympus$ /Users/olympus/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/NSButton-fakrqgmmlebhvxesbzemdbkpmbbk/Build/Products/Debug/NSButton.app/Contents/MacOS/NSButton ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/OBJBRuntime.framework/Versions/A/OBJBRuntime
Referenced from: /Users/olympus/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/NSButton-fakrqgmmlebhvxesbzemdbkpmbbk/Build/Products/Debug/NSButton.app/Contents/MacOS/NSButton
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout

[Process completed]

thanks
andyfirstlinear

Postby berndnoetscher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks for getting back

It almost works, but for some reasons the objbruntime is not loaded.
Could you please verify where your binary has been created by the objb ide?

Is it inside the project directory NSToolbar as supposed?

There should be a directory called "build/Release/NSToolbar.app/Contents"

Does "build/Release/NSToolbar.app/Contents" contains "Frameworks" directory?

Does this "Frameworks" contains the file OBJBRuntime?
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Objective-Basic (Xcode 3)